REVIEW: Lady Bird


It's not bad.  Very much a progressive, hipster flick.  Made for those morons that believe there are more than two genders.  But again, it's not a bad film - it is just trying too hard.  It's well paced.  It is also well written.  The dialogue feels grounded, and less "movie-ish", which is actually quite refreshing.  Well, mostly everything.  The "I .. respect you" line is cringe-worthy, forced, socially-pandering, idealistic writing.  Ok, so acting: Ronan is average.  She's playing the oddball.  Not something I feel is a stretch for her.  Anyway, she is outclassed by Metcalfe.  Chalamet, also, to a degree.  He does a good early noughties 'I'm-in-a-band' free-thinking douche.  He was actually the highlight of the film for me.  What the film does do well is to recover enough of the feeling and panic and potential and worry of that leap to higher education, so that makes me happier adding a plus to my grade.

C+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW: The Humanity Bureau

REVIEW: I Love You, Daddy

REVIEW: Rampage